After acceptance

1. What kind of acceptance letters will I receive?

As soon as you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter from the consortium and an acceptance letter from your first host institution for visa purposes. A scanned copy of the acceptance letters will be sent first by e-mail. Please acknowledge reception of the email-messages.

2. Do I need to obtain a visa to both countries of study?

An accepted student has to obtain “A long stay student visa” from the country of the first institution.

At the end of the first year, the student will receive guidance from Keio University to obtain their Certificate of Eligibility and visa. The application is made from the country of the first host institution.

3. Is a Schengen visa sufficient?

No, for a residency permit you need a long stay student visa. The Schengen visa is valid only up to 3 months and does not allow you to study.

4. How long does it take to obtain the visa?

It depends on your nationality and country of residence. In some cases, it may take two to three months. Thus, apply for your visa as soon as you have been accepted. For the second year visa, it is better to obtain it from Europe at the end of the first year, rather than from your home country.

5. Can you find me accommodation?

The local offices of JEMARO institutions will help you find accommodation and will provide you with the necessary preparatory information.

Published on September 4, 2019 Updated on October 9, 2023